Closing Date: 29th August 2018
Remuneration: National minimum wage – £5.90 (for people aged 18 to 21), £7.38 (for people aged 21 to 24), £7.83 (for people aged 25 and over). The theatre company will discuss payment options with you in line with any benefit arrangements.
Mind the Gap is offering 3 x 6-month part-time, paid internships for an Assistant Producer, Assistant Director and Creative Engagement Facilitator. The interns will work on a new, spectacular, outdoor production called ‘Zara: Daughters of Fortune’ and other projects. Mind the Gap is one of Europe’s leading learning disability theatre companies, and is based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. ‘Zara: Daughters of Fortune’ is a co-production with Walk the Plank, funded through Arts Council England Ambition for Excellence and others.
This is an opportunity for people with a learning disability to develop their professional theatre skills by working with Mind the Gap in a supported and enjoyable environment.
To apply for the Internships, you should:
- Have a learning disability
- Be over the age of 18 on 1 September 2018
- Want to get training in professional theatre
- Want to get more confidence and improve your communication skills
- Enjoy working with other people
The theatre company are looking for applicants who:
- Want a professional career in theatre
- Have a passion for theatre and performance
- Work well in a team
- Have good time keeping and organisational skills
Dates of Employment:
- Assistant Producer Intern: 1 October 2018 to 31 March 2019
- Assistant Director Intern: 1 December 2018 to 31 May 2019
- Creative Engagement Facilitator Intern: 7 January to 5 July 2019
Each internship lasts for 6 months.
Hours: 16 hours per week. (The company may ask you to work some evenings and some week-ends.They will work with the successful candidate to manage the internship around their specific needs).
Deadline for Applications: 29 August 2018
Interviews: 3 – 7 September 2018
Base: You will be based at Mind the Gap Studios, Silk Warehouse, Patent Street, Bradford BD9 4SA. The building is fully accessible. Your full access requirements will be discussed and agreed before you start.