The Wellcome Trust is looking for a Portfolio Developer: communities and knowledge, which is well suited for candidates who have just completed their PhDs or have undertaken a one-year postdoc. More information can be found at: https://wellcome.ac.uk/jobs/portfolio-developer-communities-and-knowledge.
Job location London
Closing date Sunday 4 September 2016
Salary Competitive, plus excellent benefits
This will be a 12-month fixed-term contract.
In this role, you’ll help to:
- develop outreach and partnership initiatives with relevant national and international research communities
- assess the impact of our Humanities and Social Science grant outputs
- develop our Medical Humanities and our Society and Ethics grants portfolios, and help expand the wider Humanities and Social Science grants portfolio
- shape the long-term direction of the Humanities and Social Science portfolio, with Wellcome’s revised philosophy and strategy in mind.
To succeed, you’ll need:
- a doctoral degree in humanities, biomedical ethics or social science
- recent experience working in a research community that’s relevant to either the Medical Humanities or the Society and Ethics grants programmes
- experience of organising workshops or other events
- an interest in the social context of biomedical sciences, history, biomedical ethics or global health
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- financial planning and budgeting skills.
Experience developing and implementing organisational strategy or complex projects would also be desirable.
Interviews will be held in the week starting 12 September 2016.