Conference date: Mon 19th – Wed 21st June 2017
Deadline for abstracts: Sun 20th November 2016
The Culture, Health and Wellbeing conference will showcase inspirational practice, policy and the latest research in culture and arts in health and wellbeing. It will discuss the role of arts and creativity in healing, care and wellbeing across the life course. It will encourage discussion and shared learning, facilitating dialogue between researchers, policy makers and practitioners. Conference themes will encompass multiple art forms and will include:
- Reducing inequalities
- Promoting resilience, prevention and early intervention
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Creative ageing
- Specific health conditions and care pathways including palliative care
- Community and social development in different international contexts
- Designing for wellbeing – services, environments, products
- Museums, heritage and health
- Developing national and international networks
- Models and frameworks for co-production, commissioning, delivery and evaluation
- Training, education and professional development
- Open theme
Keynotes and performances by national and international policy makers, academics and artists will be combined with a rich and varied programme of presentations, workshops, performances and films. We will be launching the report from the two year Inquiry into Arts, Health and Wellbeing led by the All Party Parliamentary Group on Arts, Health and Wellbeing and considering the future of arts, health and wellbeing in the UK and internationally.
Download the conference flier here.
Submissions for presentations, workshops, performances and films are welcome. Those who have never submitted a paper before are particularly encouraged and guidance on the process will be provided.
Deadline for submissions of abstracts: November 20th 2016
Decision on abstracts: January 2017
Early bird registration: June 20th 2016 – February 28th 2017
For more information contact Alex Coulter.